To change your password:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard
- Select "Change a password" from the menu
IMPORTANT: Restart your computer, wait 30 seconds on the login screen, then log in after you change your password - Outlook will sync with your updated password.
EQUALLY IMPORTANT: If you are signed into your work email via mobile devices, you will need to update those accounts with the new password or else you may be frequently locked out of your account (since your mobile devices will keep trying to sign in with your previous/old login credentials).
Password Reset Policy
What are the PW guidelines?
- Must be minimum length of 12 characters
- We recommend random words with spaces be used
- Cannot be the same as the last 5 passwords used
- If you have just changed your password, you cannot change it again for another 24 hours
How often do I need to change my PW?
You password must be changed every 4 months (120 days).
How do I know when my PW needs to be changed?
You get a notification in the taskbar 2 weeks in advance that your PW needs to be changed.
Having trouble? Contact the Help Desk.