IMPORTANT: If you are signed into your work email on any mobile or other devices, you will need to update those accounts with the new password as soon as possible or you may be locked out of your account (this happens because your mobile devices will keep trying to sign in with your previous/old stored login credentials).
How to change your password on your work-issued computer
If you’re on a laptop, for best results, perform these steps from a wired (Ethernet) network connection, not WiFi.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard
- Select "Change a password" from the menu
- Then, restart your computer, wait 30 seconds on the login screen (this allows time for your accounts to sync with your new password, then log in with your new password.
- If Outlook or Teams prompts you for a password, please enter your new password and check the box that says remember this password.
- Again, please be sure to update your password on any device you access email from, such as your phone, webmail, an email client on a Mac, etc., since they may be sending the wrong password to the server and thus locking you out of your account.
How to change your password when you don't have your work computer:
If the above link doesn't work for you and you already know what your password is but need to change it:
- Log into https://myaccount.microsoft.com. (You may need to access this from an incognito/in-private browser window)
- Click CHANGE PASSWORD.
- Enter your old password, then enter your new password twice and click Submit.
Having trouble? Contact the Help Desk.