Set up the phone
The following instructions will help you set up the Polycom CX600 phone and allow your phone to work in conjunction with Skype for Business on your computer.
To set up in you will need the following:
- Polycom CX600
- Network cable(s)
- USB Cable
Back view of Polycom CX600
Connecting the Phone
- Connect the network cable from the wall into the LAN port of the phone
- Connect the network cable from your computer to the PC port of the phone
- Connect the USB cable to your computer
Once connected it should look like this:
The network jack on the wall should have Power over Ethernet (PoE), which will power your phone. If you connect the phone to the wall and it does not power on, please contact the CTD Help Desk.
Ensure that the Skype for Business application is open and signed in on your computer.
Connecting the USB cable from the phone to computer should display the following message:
A logon popup will appear. Please enter your current Windows password and click ‘OK’.
On your phone you will see the following screens. Click on Done and you are all set!
Weird message on Polycom
If you get a screen asking for an extension or any other screen just unplug the phone and try again.
Skype says no phone is connected, but it totally is
If the phone is plugged in, but Skype still says no phone is connected, try unplugging the USB cable from your computer, wait about 15 seconds, then plug it back in again.
Need to switch from previously signed in user
If the previous user is still signed into the phone, you need to sign out of their account first:
- On the Polycom screen, hit the button under Menu
- Select the Switch User option
- Select Yes when it asks if you want sign out
- Unplug the USB cable from your computer, wait about 15 seconds, then plug it back in again (you should be prompted in Skype to log in)
Phone screen displays message: "Certificate web service cannot be found. Please contact your support team"
Please contact the Help Desk to do a hard reset of the phone.