If you keep receiving unwanted calls via Skype for Business, here's how you can prevent them from ringing through to your Skype client or phone:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and navigate to the Contacts section. (Note: the image below may differ depending on what version of Microsoft Outlook you are using)
- Select the option to create a New Contact.
- A new window will appear. In order for the contact to appear properly in Skype and therefore block the desired number, you will need to fill out all of the fields highlighted in the image below. (Note: The name and IM address do not need to be real names or addresses - they simply need to be filled in).
- Select the option to Save & Close.
- Open the Skype for Business application on your PC.
- In the search field towards the top, search for the name, phone number, or IM address of your recently created contact.
- Right click on the contact after it appears in the “Results” field below and a drop down menu will appear.
- Select the option for Change Privacy Relationship. This will bring up another menu of options. From this menu you will select the option Blocked Contacts.
Now whenever this contact (phone number) attempts to contact you, they will be sent directly to your voicemail. Ultimately, we can't stop them from leaving a voicemail, but we can stop them from actually dialing through to you.
You'll also receive a "missed call" email notification in your inbox. You can set up an Outlook rule to move these messages to the Deleted Items folder, but note that you should specify "missed call" emails that include the blocked phone number so that not all notifications are affected.