Scenario: You click to Join a Skype Meeting in Outlook, but it opens in Chrome instead of Skype for Business and asks you to download the Skype for Web app. What??
This issue should be resolved by now, but in case it happens to you, just know this issue is caused by a bug in Chrome and unfortunately isn't something we can fix for you. HOWEVER, you still have some options:
- (Preferred Option) Open the meeting from the Skype for Business meeting tab.
- Use Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- Leave Chrome as your default browser. Copy the Skype for Business meeting URL and paste it into the URL bar of Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to this Chrome App store link and install the IE Tabs add-on.
- This add-on will mimic IE behavior and should properly launch Skype for Business meeting URLs.
- Be sure to allow pop-ups for this app to work correctly.