You have a SCHEDULED Skype Meeting, but external users calling in by phone are getting an error saying the ID is invalid (anyone joining via computer is fine, both internal and external).
To fix this issue, you’ll need to change your assigned static conference ID information by resetting it to a newly generated ID. The side effect of this change is that meetings you have already scheduled will need to be updated with the new ID information (the old conference ID / URL will no longer work).
Step 1. Reset and generate a new static conference ID
- From Skype, click the Options drop-down arrow and select Tools > Dial-In Conference Settings.
- Click Sign In and enter your email in the User Name field.
- Reset your PIN (you may get prompted for this if you have never set your Skype PIN in the first place).
- You can ignore the message that says, "Your phone extension is not configured. Use your complete phone number and PIN to join conferences."
- Click on Reset my Assigned Conference Information to generate and a new Meeting URL and Conference ID.
Step 2. Update existing Skype meetings with your new meeting info
- Go to Outlook and click on Calendar.
- Select an existing Skype meeting and you will be prompted with the following pop-up message
- Click OK and the meeting will open with your updated meeting information.
- IMPORTANT: Please send the update to meeting attendees and proceed to update any other Skype meetings you may have.