Before using Skype to make a call or join a conference, set up your audio device to ensure it is working correctly. You can use your computer’s mic and speakers, or plug in a headset.
- Click Select Your Primary Device in the lower-left corner of Skype.
- Click Audio Device Settings.
- Click the menu under Select the device you want to use for audio calls.
- If you have more than one audio device, pick the one you prefer from the dropdown menu.
- Under Customize your device, drag the sliders to adjust the speakers and microphone.
- Click the green arrow next to the speaker to hear a sample tone.
Under Secondary Ringer, make sure Also ring is checked and your computer speakers are selected if you would like your computer speakers to ring during an incoming call as well as your headset.
If you aren’t able to hear the ring from your computer speakers, then you will need to go into the sound volume settings (click on the speakers icon on your taskbar)
and make sure the volume is loud enough for you to hear.