Call someone from your contact list
- Hover over the contact listing for the person you want to call.
- Click the Phone icon to call the contact.
Click the arrow next to the Phone icon and select an alternate number if one is available (like a cell).
** Keep in mind: The next time you place a call to an individual you have called before, it will default to the last number used. **
Call someone using the dial pad
- In the Skype main window, click the Phone/Dial icon to navigate to the dial pad.
- Click the numbers on the dial pad or type the number in the search box using your keyboard.
- You can also type in the number on the main contact list tab instead of having to switch to the Phone/Dial tab.
- Click Call.