The email size limit is 25MB, so if you're attaching a file that is nearing that limit, your email may not be delivered. Here are a few options you have if you need to send large attachments:
Compress the files
- Locate the file on your Desktop or by opening and navigating through File Explorer.
- Right-click on your file.
- If you are selecting multiple files (their cumulative size should be less than 25MB), you can hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on files within a folder to select multiple files. You can hold down the Shift key instead if you want to select a series consecutive files.
- Select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- That will create a new zipped folder containing your file(s). This has the effect of slightly reducing the size of your files while still maintaining the integrity of your original files.
Send files one at a time
If you have multiple files that are 15MB each, you can send them each in their own email.
Use an alternative cloud sharing resource
If you have a lot of larger files to send as attachments, you may want to use something like Dropbox or Google Drive to share files with external users.
Article is closed for comments.