Problem: You need to access a website that has pop-ups. You want to allow or block those pop-ups. First:
- In Chrome, when a pop-up window occurs on the website, you will see a notification to the right of your browser URL address bar.
- Simply click the blocked pop-up icon, select the Always allow option, then click Done.
- If you want to keep the pop-up blocked, simply leave Continue blocking checked.
- Open Chrome and navigate to chrome://settings/content/popups
- Add the website's main URL to the Allow list.
- If you want to block pop-ups for a website, add the website's main URL to the Block list.
Internet Explorer (IE)
- In IE, when a pop-up occurs on the website, you will see a notification at the bottom of the page:
- To Allow pop-ups, click Options for this site > Always allow.
- To Block pop-ups, no need to perform any action. The notification will disappear on its own.
- Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Internet options.
- Navigate to the Privacy tab.
- Under the Pop-up Blocker section, click Settings.
- Here you can add the address of websites to allow. All pop-ups are automatically blocked by default.