Here's a brief guide on how to import and export bookmarks for Internet Explorer (IE) and Chrome.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser that has your Favorites.
- Click on the Star icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the down arrow next to Add to Favorites.
- Select Import and Export. An Import/Export Settings window will appear.
- Select Export to a file and then click Next.
- Select Favorites from the list and click Next, and then Next
- Browse to where you want to save the exported Favorites file.
- Click Export and then click
Find the file you exported. Transfer this file to the machine where you want to import it.
To import your Favorites file, follow the same instructions for exporting up until Step 5. Instead, do the following:
- Select Import from a file and then click Next.
- Select Favorites to import.
- Browse to find the file.
- Click Next and then click Import.
- Click Finish.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Select Bookmarks Bookmark Manager.
- At the top, click More Export Bookmarks.
- Browse to where you want to save the exported Bookmarks file.
Chrome exports your bookmarks as an HTML file. Use this file to import your bookmarks into another browser.