Here's a brief guide on how to import and export bookmarks for Internet Explorer (IE) and Chrome.
- On your computer, open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Star icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the down arrow next to Add to Favorites.
- Select Import and Export. An Import/Export Settings window will appear.
- Select Export to a file and then click Next.
- Select Favorites from the list and click Next, and then Next.
- Browse to where you want to save the exported Favorites file.
- Click Export and then click Finish.
Locate the file you just exported. Now you can import this file to a different browser or a different machine.
To import your Favorites file, follow the same instructions above for exporting up until Step 5. Then continue as follows:
- Select Import from a file and then click Next.
- Select Favorites to import.
- Browse to find the file.
- Click Next and then click Import.
- Click Finish.
- On your computer, open Microsoft Edge.
- At the top right, click the "..." icon, select Favorites, then click Manage Favorites.
- The Favorites page will load. Towards the right of the page, click the "..." icon, then select Export favorites.
- A window will pop open and you can browse to where you want to save the exported favorites file.
Follow steps 1-2 from the Microsoft Edge export steps above, then continue as follows:
- The Favorites page will load. Towards the right of the page, click the "..." icon, then select Import favorites.
- A new window will open. You can select from the dropdown to import a file from another browser or from a specific export file. Once you select what you want to import, scroll down and click Import.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Select Bookmarks Bookmark Manager.
- At the top, click More Export Bookmarks.
- Browse to where you want to save the exported Bookmarks file.
Chrome exports your bookmarks as an HTML file. Use this file to import your bookmarks into another browser.