Note: This process may lock up Outlook for some time if moving large amounts of email. Use webmail in the meantime if this happens.
If you need to move a large amount of mail (entire folders) from a separate mailbox to yours or your archive you can do so through Outlook. You can use this same process on individual emails (which will move a lot faster)
- Open Outlook
- Expand the mailbox you wish to copy from
- Right click the folder you intend to move and click "Move Folder"
- Highlight the folder you want to move the folder to and then click "OK" to start the process
- Give it time! Moving a large amount of mail can take a considerable amount of time, it may appear it is not doing anything but it is slowly moving the mail over. When finished the mail will appear under the folder you moved it to.
- If you only need to move individual emails you can just right click the email and use the same process.
Article is closed for comments.