Follow these steps if you're using the browser-based Remote Desktop (RD) and you want to print a document to your home printer. (The browser-based RD is the one accessed directly from a browser tab, NOT the one accessed from a downloaded file or from a separate, non-browser-based app.)
- Navigate to your organization's RD web portal (the URL is usually remote.DOMAIN.org, where "DOMAIN" is the part of your email address between the "@" and ".org").
- Click on Remote Desktop. (You will need to have set up MFA prior to the next step)
- Enter your full work email address and password, then authenticate as necessary.
- When it prompts to access local resources, check both boxes to allow the remote computer to access the Clipboard and Printer resources. Then click Allow.
- When you're ready to print within RD, you won't see your home printer's name in the list of options. Instead, select Remote Desktop Virtual Printer, then click Print.
- The browser on your personal computer (not within the Remote Desktop environment) will then download a PDF version of that document. You can then open the PDF on your personal computer, go to print it, select your home printer, and print the file on your home printer as you would print any other document on your personal computer (again, this is outside of the RD web browser tab).