Create a new group chat conversation
- In Teams, navigate to the Chat tab.
- Towards the top left of the chat tab, you'll see a new chat icon. Once you click on the icon. You'll see a field appear where you can input one or more names/groups.
- As you add people, you will see a new conversation appear. If you already have an existing conversation with these people, then the existing conversation will appear. Now you can start the conversation!
Rename a group chat conversation
If you'd like to rename a group to focus on a specific short-term project, or have another need to rename a group (this doesn't work for individual, one-on-one conversations):
- Navigate to the group chat window and click on the pencil icon at the top where it lists everyone's names.
- You'll see a field appear where you can input the new name, then click Save.
- Now your group is renamed and people in the group can see you have changed the name.