(If you're a guest user who has been given access to a Team, see this guide instead >>)
If you're an external guest who needs to present during a Teams Live Event, please follow these steps at least 48 hours prior to the event.
Download and install the Desktop App
- In a new browser window, navigate to this Download page.
- Click Download for Desktop, then on the next page that loads, click Download Teams. A file will begin downloading.
- Once the file is done downloading, click on it to run it. You will need administrator permissions on the computer you are using in order to install this program. If your computer is managed by your organization's IT provider, you will need to contact them for installation assistance.
Sign into the Desktop App
- Once you open the Teams Desktop App, it will prompt you for an email address. Enter whatever email address was assigned to you as an external guest presenter then click Sign In.
- You will be prompted for your password. Enter your password, then click Sign In.
- CRITICAL STEP: If it prompts to stay signed in to all your apps, we recommend unchecking the box, then clicking No, sign in to this app only, especially if you have multiple Office 365 or other Microsoft accounts. Do NOT click OK.
- Upon the first time signing in, you'll see a few introductory pop-up windows to help you start using Teams.