Here we've compiled some frequently asked questions about Microsoft Bookings.
- Does it cost anything to use Microsoft Bookings?
- How do customers join their appointments?
- Does Bookings integrate with Zoom?
- How do I send a cancellation to the customer?
- Can the logo size be larger on the page?
- Where do I change the page owner?
- I'm getting duplicate Bookings emails. How do I adjust email notifications?
- How do I edit the customer information fields?
- Can I set business hours per staff member?
- When a customer selects a Service, they see a dropdown menu for staff or "Anyone." How do I remove the dropdown menu?
- Can the default price be removed?
Does it cost anything to use Microsoft Bookings?
Yes, there is a monthly fee for the Bookings license subscription, though your organization may already have available licenses. Please open a ticket with the Help Desk and we can get you more information specific to your organization.
How do customers join their appointments?
Feel free to share this Microsoft guide with customers: Join a Bookings appointment - Attendees
Does Bookings integrate with Zoom?
Not at this time, though you can send a follow up email to the customer with Zoom meeting information.
However, Bookings does integrate with Microsoft Teams. You can set up your page so that when customers schedule appointments, they and the designated staff member(s) are sent a Teams meeting invite from the Bookings Page "resource account".
How do I send a cancellation to the customer?
|NOTE: Changing or cancelling an appointment on a staff member's calendar will not change the invite for the customer. The invites are generated by the Bookings Page itself, similar to a resource account. When the customer or staff edit the appointment on their own calendars, they are simply editing a copy of the original invite, not the original invite itself.|
If you want to cancel or reschedule a Bookings appointment, first you need to have the Administrator role for your Bookings Page.
Once you have been assigned that role, simply navigate to your Bookings dashboard, navigate to Calendar, then edit the appointment from there. When you click to cancel a booking, it will give you the option to add a message to the customer regarding the cancellation.
If you are simply rescheduling the appointment, there is unfortunately no option at this time to send an additional email to the customer regarding the rescheduled appointment. When you adjust the appointment, the staff and customer will simply receive an updated calendar invite. It may be best if you contact the customer first (their contact info will be located in the body of the appointment on the Bookings Calendar), then adjust the meeting date/time.
Can the logo size be larger on the page?
Not at this time. However, Bookings Pages can be embedded into websites, so you could potentially ask your website developer to put the logo on your appointment page, then embed the Bookings Page below the logo.
Where do I change the page owner?
On the Business Information page, you'll see a field for Send customer replies to. This is the field where you can input the email address of the page owner.
I'm getting duplicate Bookings emails. How do I adjust email notifications?
There are two places where you can adjust email notifications that affect customers, staff, and the page owner:
- On the Booking Page.
- On the Services page within an individual services' settings.
While the settings appear identical in both places, they actually affect notifications in different ways:
You can adjust the settings to fit your needs, but here are some notes to get you started:
- If you leave both boxes checked in both places, then customers, staff, and admin contact will receive two very similar emails for every notification (new appointment, reschedule, or cancellation).
- If you only uncheck both boxes from the Bookings Page settings, customers and staff will still receive those two similar email notifications. The admin contact will just get one email per notification instead of two.
- If you uncheck both boxes in both places, the page owner will not receive any emails. The customer and staff will only receive one email per notification.
How do I edit the customer information fields?
Within each Service's settings, you will see a Custom Fields option. Click Modify and you will see a pop-up with additional settings to customize.
While you cannot change the fields under Customer Information, you can make them required fields (check the box next to Required) or hide them from the customer's view (click the grey box and it will turn white, which means it is hidden).
You can also add additional custom fields in the form of a text question or a dropdown question.
Responses to these fields can be found either in the appointment details on the Bookings Calendar or in the Staff member(s)' calendar appointment. Responses will not show up on a customer's calendar invite.
Can I set business hours per staff member?
Yes. If you create a Service per staff member, then you can select spcific times for that Service by changing the dropdown under General availability to "Custom Hours" instead of "Bookable when free."
When a customer selects a Service, they see a dropdown menu for staff or "Anyone." How do I remove the dropdown menu?
Navigate to the affected individual Service on the Services page. Click to edit it. Then uncheck the box under Staff that says, "Allow customers to choose a specific person for the booking."
Can the default price be removed?
No. If there is no cost associated with an appointment, you will need to select the "Free" option.