Note: Due to global manufacturing shortages and extreme shipping delays, we highly recommend getting any technology orders started as much in advance as possible. If you have any questions, issues with the links below seeming out of date, or any issues with pricing or vendor options, please let us know and we will give you real-time recommendations based on what is available today.
The following list of approved hardware has been curated by CTD with standardization, cost, security, and compatibility in mind. It is critical that organizations purchase hardware from this approved list, as all items have been tested and vetted for our setup.
If you need to purchase hardware not included on this list (i.e. choosing a computer for a specialized role, such as a graphic designer who needs a more powerful machine, etc.), please reach out to the Helpdesk prior to purchase so we can assist in confirming its supportability. Not all vendors, PCs, docks, etc. are created equal, and it's important to your organization's budget and security to keep things standardized.
- Teams Phone Devices
- Office Printers
- Home Printers
- Network Switches
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) Injector
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) / Battery Backup
- Wireless Router for home use
For laptop computers we recommend Microsoft Surface Laptops, Surface Pros, Surface Gos, and Dell Latitudes, as well as their corresponding compatible docking stations. For graphic power users, we recommend Dell Precision Mobile Workstations.
For desktop computers we recommend the Dell OptiPlex line (DisplayPort and HDMI only – VGA port may be added when ordering for compatibility with older monitors).
If you need to purchase new computers, please send a ticket to the CTD Help Desk and we will assist.
- minimum i5 processor and 16 GB memory required
- 256 GB or larger Solid State Hard Drive (SSD HD) required
- 3 year warranty required
- For laptops: Built-in Ethernet or USB-C/Thunderbolt Dock with Ethernet required
- For Lenovo ThinkPads, see this dock on Amazon >>
Teams Phone Devices
Conference Room, Executive, Standalone, and Other Phones
Please submit a ticket with details on what you are looking for and how the phone(s) will be used. We will then review the requirements and get back to you with our recommendations and pricing options.
Handset phones must be plugged into a computer, and the computer must be powered on and logged into Teams in order for the handset to function (it does not function as a standalone phone). This type of phone functions almost exactly like a USB headset, but has a nicer physical interface (physical dial pad, etc.).
Below are models we have recommended in the past, but generally any wired USB headset from a reputable vendor (such as Yealink or Jabra) should work. Please always check with the CTD Help Desk before purchasing any devices.
- Wired Headset: Jabra UC Voice 550
- Mono Wireless headset: Jabra Pro 930 Mono
- Duo Wireless headset: Jabro Pro 930 Duo
- Standalone computer webcam: Microsoft Lifecam Studio
- Small conference rooms table-based webcam: Logitech Conference Cam BCC 950 (includes speakerphone)
- Large conference rooms wall-based webcam with pan/tilt/zoom: Logitech PTZ Pro Camera
- Large conference rooms table-based 360 degree webcam: Polycom CX5000
- Can be found used on eBay as well.
- Small office B&W printer: Brother DCPL2550DW
- Small office color printer: Brother MFC-L8610CDW
- Medium office color printer: Xerox models
- Large office B&W printer: Brother HL-L6200DW
- Large office color printer: Xerox models
- If your office needs a higher end printer, then it's recommended that you lease.
Please note: We only offer best effort support for home printers, and we do not recommend or support Wi-Fi printing. Connecting your printer via USB cable (or Ethernet if your home office has that option) to your printer is usually the most reliable method.
- Any Epson EcoTank printer that has an Ethernet cable printing option. We recommend that you consider purchasing an extended hardware warranty; that way, if the printer has a major hardware failure after a year, that will be covered under the extended warranty.
- Brother HLL2370DW (B & W, only direct USB cable connection supported, no wireless printing)
- Brother HLL3210CW (Color, only direct USB cable connection supported, no wireless printing)
- Xerox WorkCentre 3215 (B&W)
- Xerox WorkCentre 3225 (B&W)
- Xerox WorkCentre 6027 (Color)
- Netgear Prosafe Gigabit Smart Switch
- Netgear Prosafe Gigabit PoE Managed Switch
- D-Link Gigabit PoE Switch
- TP Gigbit PoE Switch
- Small General Office Switch
PoE (Power over Ethernet) Injector
UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) / Battery Backup
- Please contact CTD.
Wireless Router for home use
For a home WiFi router, please contact your home's Internet Service Provider (ISP) and ask them what WiFi router models they recommend and support.
Like home printers, please note we can only offer best effort support for home ISP or home WiFi/network issues
- If your ISP supports this WiFi router, one WiFi router we recommend is the ASUS ROG Strix AX3000 (Amazon | Best Buy).